Creating grouped view reports
Grouped views are useful to present data in a tidy and structured way in SharePoint, so need different Word template configuration. In this JungleDocs tutorial, you will learn how to configure grouped view reports.
Before you proceed, you might want to learn more about:
- Creating a grouped view in SharePoint
- Editing document templates
- Adding content controls in a document template.
This walkthrough was made under the assumption that you have created a grouped view in your SharePoint list already.
To export a grouped view while preserving the group structure, you need to create a repeated section inside another content control. This structure will link the repeated section to the grouped view.
1. Open your document template and insert a table with two rows.
2. Select the table. On the Developer tab, click on the
Note: if you don't see the Developer tab, click File> Options > Customize Ribbon, check the Developerbox and click OK.
3. Click Properties. In the Tag (required) and Title (optional) fields, enter the following formula:
GetView("List Name";"View Name"). 4. Select the whole second row of the table and add another Rich Text content control on it.
5. Click Properties. In the Tag and Title fields, enter the following function:
If you want each group of items to have a title, select the first row and add another content control, with the GroupTitle tag in it.
6. Inside the second row cells, add content controls for the
The final result:
Note: the GetView function ties the repeated section to a specific view in a specific list. Therefore, if you want to export several grouped views, you need to configure the template accordingly.