Creating grouped view reports
Grouped views are useful to present data in a tidy and structured way in SharePoint, so need different Word template configuration. In this JungleDocs tutorial, you will learn how to configure grouped view reports.
Before you proceed, you might want to learn more about:
- Creating a grouped view in SharePoint
- Editing document templates
- Adding content controls in a document template.
To export a grouped view while preserving the group structure, you need to create a repeated section inside another content control. This structure will link the repeated section to the grouped view. Take the following steps to configure the report template correctly.
Note: this walkthrough was made under the assumption that you have created a grouped view in your SharePoint list already.
1. Open your document template and insert the table with two rows.
2. Select the table, then go to the Developer tab and click on
3. Now click Properties and enter the following formula in the Tag (required) and Title (optional) fields
GetView("List Name";"View Name")
5. Click Properties and enter the
6. If you need each group of items to have a title, you can add it on the first row of the table (inside the GetView("Companies"
7. Format the table (table style, column amount) and add content controls for all columns from
Note: it is recommended to use column internal names in the content control Tag field.
The final result: