Merging multiple PowerPoint documents into one
ith JungleDocs you can easily merge multiple PowerPoint files into one. The setup process is very similar to Word document merging using Small Parts with JungleDocs.
1. Create a Small Parts library
1. Open your site and click Settings > Add an app.
2. Select Document Library.
3. Enter the library name and click Advanced Options.
4. Under Document Template, select Microsoft PowerPoint presentation.
5. Now create folders in this library and copy the slides into the folders according to the topic. We recommend creating one PowerPoint slide per file (you can have multiple files per folder, though).
2. Configure a PowerPoint template
Now you need to modify the main PowerPoint document template to point to the Small Parts folders.
1. Open a PowerPoint template assigned to your JungleDocs rule.
2. On the Click to add title field, enter Small Part: FolderName to create a reference to a particular Small Part slides folder (e.g., Small Part: Introduction).
- Unlike in Word, there are no content controls in PowerPoint. So you simply write the text in a slide. Use one slide per one Small Part Folder.
- you should only use the Title text box to enter references to Small Parts folders.
3. Configure a JungleDocs rule
Now that you have configured your PowerPoint template you can move onto working on the JungleDocs rule.
1. Create a new SharePoint library where you want to save PowerPoint documents created with Small Parts.
2. Create a content type containing the configured template and required columns.
3. Add the content type to the library.
4. In the library, open JungleDocs from the ribbon. On the New tab, you will see all available rules based on the library content types.
5. Click the drop-down menu arrow next to the rule that uses the newly created content type, then click Edit Base rule.
6. Under Specify small parts library location, click Browse and navigate to the library.
7. Edit other settings if needed and save the rule. Notice the changed rule icon indicating that Small Parts are used in this rule.
8. You can now start assembling your presentations by clicking on the JungleDocs rule you’ve just created or edited. You should see something similar to the image below:
9. Check the boxes of slides you want to include in your presentation, and click OK. A custom presentation will be generated automatically.
Note: although one slide in the content type template points to one Small Part folder, that folder may contain tens of documents (slides). You will be able to include all of them (or only selected ones) in the presentation at once by clicking the checkboxes. In other words, using the same template you can create presentations with virtually unlimited slide combinations.