When a new version of JungleDocs is released and you still have an active subscription you can easily upgrade. We will notify you via email once a new version is available. Always make sure you have downloaded the latest version. You can use the download link that was provided to you by EnovaPoint to download the latest version anytime. If you lost the download link, you can request another trial anytime.
The installation account must have at least the following permissions:
- Member of the local server Administrators group (to install application files)
- Member of the SharePoint Farm Administrators group (to deploy solutions to the farm)
- SharePoint site collection administrator (to activate the features after installation)
To upgrade to the latest version
1. Download the latest installer here.
2. Copy the installer on the SharePoint server running the Central Administration service.
3. Restart the World Wide Web Publishing Service (W3SVC) before installation on every server running it in your SharePoint farm. You can use the iisreset /stop / noforce and iisreset /start command line commands. This will ensure that no system files that need to be updated are locked, which could cause the installation to fail.
4. Launch the installer from SharePoint Server running Central Administration Service. The product will be automatically deployed to all other SharePoint Farm servers by the SharePoint Timer service. Note: installation may cause 2-5 minutes of downtime.
5. Select the Upgrade option.
6. Wait for the installation to complete.
7. Make sure there were no errors and close the setup wizard.
8. Do IISReset on all servers in your farm.
9. Restart SharePoint Timer Service on all servers in your farm.
10. Run the setup program again.
11. Follow the installation wizard instructions and select the Repair option.
12. When the installation is complete, review the summary screen to confirm that the product installed successfully, and then click Close.
Note: if you are upgrading from an earlier version to JungleDocs 3, your JungleDocs rules will not be preserved. All of your content types and document templates, however, will still be intact.