Before you can start your document creation automation you will have to install JungleDocs. This tutorial will guide you through the quick and easy installation process.
Note: JungleDocs is a SharePoint farm solution. Therefore, it should either be installed on a SharePoint On-Premises server or on a fully controllable SharePoint server in the cloud.
- Microsoft Windows Server 2008, 2008 R2, 2012, 2012 R2
- SharePoint Server 2010, SharePoint Foundation 2010, SharePoint Server 2013, SharePoint Foundation 2013, SharePoint Server 2016
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 8 or later
- Download the latest installer here.
- Copy the installer on the SharePoint server running the Central Administration service.
- The installation account must have at least the following permissions:
- Member of the local server Administrators group (to install application files);
- Member of the SharePoint Farm Administrators group (to deploy solutions to the farm);
- SharePoint site collection administrator (to activate the features after installation).
- Restart the World Wide Web Publishing Service (W3SVC) before installation on every server running it in your SharePoint farm. You can use the
iisreset/stop / noforceand iisreset/start command line commands to ensure that no system files that need to be updated are locked, which could cause the installation to fail.
- Launch JungleDocs installer from the SharePoint Server running Central Administration Service. The product will be automatically deployed to all other SharePoint Farm servers by the SharePoint Timer service. Note: Installation may cause 2-5 minutes of downtime.
- Wait for setup wizard to check if JungleDocs can be installed from the current machine.
- Wait for setup wizard to check if JungleDocs is already installed.
- Read and accept the end-user license agreement.
- Select Web Applications you need JungleDocs to be deployed to.
- Wait until the installation is complete.
- Make sure there were no errors and close the setup wizard.